Living as a bachelor, you have to realize that you are on your own and most of the time this can be difficult. No one will do the chores for you, so basically; you have to them by yourself- from cooking your own meals to organizing and cleaning your home as well as washing your own clothes. You may tend to find methods wherein you can accomplish these tasks easier because you either lack time because of other activities or you are just lazy to do them.
With these situations you are ought to face every single day, here are a couple of laundry hacks that you can take advantage of to make your life a little bit lighter.
- An Aspirin tablet, when added to the load of white clothes can help keep these fabrics bright as brand new. You have to know that with regular use, white clothes tend to lose their bright white colour. No matter how much you wash them, they may still look dull and dirty. Thanks to this magic pill as it can make your task of maintaining the brand new look of your whites a little bit easier.
- Oftentimes as a bachelor you may want to play can be romantic but you oftentimes end up having lipstick stains on your shirt. These stains can be stubborn and difficult to remove. The great thing about this is that white bread, which you just usually consume for breakfast can help blot out the stain. As soon as the white bread has done its magic of reducing the stain, you can easily wash your clothes with regular detergent.
- Just like the white clothes, dark clothes may also lose their brightness due to constant and regular use and you don’t want this to happen. So in order to keep them from fading, you may add a cup of salt t the load before the rinsing phase. Salt will do its wonders of keeping the colours intact, which is usually removed by the chemicals found in the detergent.
- Apart from salt, pepper can also work its way in keeping the colours bright. Simply add a tablespoon to your load and you will not worry about fading colours anymore.
- When you are working in an office or in an art studio, most of the time, you will be a victim of ink stains. This can be a daunting moment because ink can be very difficult to remove. Several washes and you can still see some residue on your clothes. So, in order to help you remove the stain more quickly, you can pre-treat them with the use of hand sanitizer. When the stain is already reduced, you can wash them like the regular process.
- Rayon fabric should always be dry cleaned regardless of the tag saying it can be machine washable. This is to preserve the quality and appearance of the fabric.
- With an active lifestyle, you always combat sweat stains on your clothes. Thus, equal parts of water and lemon juice can make these stains go away and make your clothes appear as new again.
- Most of the time, drying time can take 30-60 minutes per load. Therefore, in order to dry your clothes faster, add a fluffy towel to your load and spin it for the first 15 minutes.
These are just some of the unusual, yet helpful laundry hacks you can use to make things a little bit easier and save more of your time.[:]